- 1 pkg. Plentiful Pantry Cheesy Enchilada Soup Mix
- 3-4 C. Water
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 small White Onion, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless Chicken Breasts, diced into small 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 4oz. can Diced Green Chilies
- 1 15.5oz. can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 large Flour Tortillas
- 3 C. Mexican-blend Shredded Cheese
- 1/4 C. Fresh Cilantro, chopped (optional)
Whisk contents of Soup Mix package into 3-4 cups of warm water, depending on your desired consistency. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 15 minutes.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add diced chicken and green chilies, and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
To assemble the enchiladas, lay out a tortilla and spread two tablespoons of sauce over the surface. Add beans in a line down the middle of the tortilla, then add in a spoonful of the chicken mixture, then sprinkle with 1/3 cup of cheese. Roll up tortilla and place in a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Then spread the remaining enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas and sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately, garnished with chopped fresh cilantro if desired.